Do you want to export your products to Saudi Market ?
The SASO/SABER (SALEEM) aims to protect the businesses from fraud by ensuring that products conform to relevant standards keeping in view the health and safety of consumers. Nemko has been accredited by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO), in Asia and the Middle East, to ensure the regulatory compliances are met for the products imported into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2018, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) implemented an enhanced conformity assessment system, called SALEEM, covering multiple industry sectors, including electrical/electronic products. The SALEEM program focused on electrical safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and energy efficiency parameters to ensure the quality and safety of electrical products . Under the program, SASO developed SABER, a central online repository system whereby all imported products are registered.
What are the key aspects of Saber ?
- Technical Characteristics -> Safety, EMC, Energy Efficiency
- PCoC Required -> Yes
- SCoC Required -> Yes
- Obligation -> Mandatory
- Factory Inspection report -> Yes (in some products)
- Sample Testing -> Yes (ISO 17025 test report)
- Validity -> PCoC (Valid for 1 year) , SCoC (Valid for that specific shipment only)
Product scope (not limited to)
- Electric motors
- Washing machines
- Lightning products
- Water heaters
- and many more
For the full product scope & other details, click here
The process of the SABER system is divided into three steps:
- Step 1: Registration – The importer sets up their account and provides basic information on the product, such as HS code and product category.
- Step 2: Product Certificate – The importer applies for product certificates and approval. A product certificate is mandatory for all items except free trade items. The certificate is valid for one year.
- Step 3: Shipment Certificate (SCoC) – It is required for every single shipment and is only valid for the specific shipment. The importer will upload an invoice and apply for SCoC.
For more details, click here
We are conducting a live webinar on G-Mark/Saber . Click here to register.
Most common FAQs
Ques. Who must register on Saber ?
Ans. All importers/manufacturers with Saudi commercial register as well as the local manufacturers.
Ques. Are there any fees to open an account in Saber platform ?
Ans. No, there is no subscription fee to the Saber portal.
Ques. Is there any other authority that provides the certificate of conformity to the Saudi specifications whether in Saudi Arabia or abroad ?
Ans. Yes, there are conformity assessment authorities (certification Bodies, CB) accepted by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) and authorized to issue conformity certificates for products.
Ques. Which conformity assessment authorities are accepted by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization?
Ans. The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization provides a list of the accredited entities. The list is available of SASO’s website or through the Saber platform.
The Benefits of working with Nemko
1. With our global network of laboratories and inspection offices we can provide tests and measurements for safety, EMC, and energy efficiency .We offer complete Market Access to the Middle East / Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2. Nemko is a notified body for the region. Let us guide you through the entire process in a few steps including registration , PCoC & SCoC. You can then sell your product to over 80 million people.
3. Nemko is one of the major certification bodies for pre-shipment certificates, which are still mandatory for most Gulf countries.
Please click this link to know more about our new EMC test facility in India: